Twin terror attacks on New Zealand mosques

Twin terror attacks on New Zealand mosques

"We have taken down the account of the alleged perpetrator and are working to actively remove all versions of the video from Twitter", a Twitter spokesman said, according to BuzzFeed reporter Ryan Mac.

Congress president Rahul Gandhi on Friday condemned the mass shootings in New Zealand that killed 49 people and termed it "a despicable act of terrorism".

"This is one of New Zealand's darkest days", Ardern said.

Here is what we know about the attack.

In the attack - which took place at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, at least 49 people were killed.

Four people have been detained, and one is Australian. The footage showed him firing indiscriminately at men, women and children from close range inside the Al-Noor mosque.

"Ten have died at Linwood Avenue mosque".

'Just around the entrance door there were elderly people sitting there praying and he just started shooting at them, ' he told the New Zealand Herald.

The cold-blooded attack shocked people across the nation of 5 million people, a country that has relatively loose gun laws but few gun homicides and is so peaceful police officers rarely carry firearms. Senior Congress leader Ahmed Patel described the New Zealand incident as a "crime against humanity" as he called for a fight against bigotry and hatred.

Three others remain in custody. Police said multiple fatalities had occurred at two mosques, but it was unclear how many attackers were involved.

"What happened in New Zealand is horrifying".

The foreign ministry says there are 330 Indonesian citizens in Christchurch, 130 of them students.




He extended his condolences for the victims' families and wished speedy recovery for the wounded. Three men and a woman have been arrested.

A witness described multiple deaths at the Masjid Al Noor mosque in central Christchurch.

Police are treating the situation as an ongoing investigation despite the face they're not "actively looking" for any suspects, Bush said. Hospital staff are expecting about 40 to 50 injured people, and private hospital Southern Cross has also been cleared to treat the injured.

He said the suspected IEDs found attached to the attackersĀ“ vehicles had been made safe by the military.

A man who claimed responsibility for the shootings left a 74-page anti-immigrant manifesto in which he explained who he was and his reasoning for his actions.

"My warmest sympathy and best wishes goes out to the people of New Zealand after the awful massacre in the Mosques". "This is absolutely tragic", Bush said of the incident. There were reports of armed police at a second mosque in the suburb of Linwood.

He was later asked if he had seen the New Zealand shooter's alleged manifesto. "Many of those affected will be members of our migrant communities New Zealand is their home they are us", Ms Ardern said.

"They are us. The person who has perpetuated this violence against us is not", Arden added.

The terrorists opened fire at two mosques in Christchurch.

No details were immediately available.

"We need to make sure no-one shares what is online because the risk of copycats is very high, as is the risk of striking out", he said.

Related Articles