Dentist found stuffed in suitcase day after boyfriend's car-crash death

Dentist found stuffed in suitcase day after boyfriend's car-crash death

THE body of Sydney dentist Preethi Reddy has been found stuffed in a suitcase after the 32-year-old went missing on Sunday. The suitcase was found in her auto that was located in Kingsford area of Sydney.

Dr Reddy, 32, was reported missing on Sunday after she failed to return home following a dental convention at St Leonards over the weekend.

Dr Reddy's remains were found in a suitcase inside her vehicle in laneway at Kingsgate in Sydney's eastern suburbs just before 9.30pm last night.

Three days later, the Australian woman's body was found stuffed in a suitcase in an abandoned vehicle. Her body, apparently, had multiple stab injuries.

Investigators are appealing for more information about Dr Reddy and her whereabouts before her death, including any sightings, her mood and what she was wearing. She was last seen at a line in McDonalds in the wee hours, where she bought a water bottle.

Dr Reddy drove her VW Golf, registration, DFP 78P, throughout the weekend.

"They just asked about our details and then asked some questions about the vehicle, so we have heard of something unusual about the auto, some chatters, some people", she said.

Man linked to murdered Sydney dentist dead
Young Indian-origin dentist, boyfriend found dead in Sydney

She last spoke with her family about 11am later that morning, saying she planned to head home after having a late breakfast, police said.

Police believe that Narde traveled the 250 miles from Tamworth to St Leonards for the conference with the sole goal of seeing his former girlfriend, with whom he had a tumultuous on-again, off-again, long-distance relationship for several years.

NSW Police described Reddy's disappearance as "out of character" and said there were serious concerns of her welfare.

Detective Superintendent Gavin Dentate has said that investigations into Dr Reddy's murder are still ongoing as they try to work out where and when she was killed, but the probability is that she was murdered at the hotel. Her colleagues said they were "terrified" and had been unable to sleep since her disappearance.

"We are still working on the timeline of events and that's why we need the public to come forward with any information they have", Dengate said.

Her remains were found last night in Strachan Lane, just a few hundred metres from Anzac Parade and about 700m from the University of New South Wales.

Surveillance video showed her leaving a McDonald's in Sydney, apparently alone, around 2:15 a.m., 7 News Australia reported.

Related Articles